Ser Argentino. All about Argentina

The city of 5 seats

In Mendoza there are 5 places that are key to be located in the city and not die in the attempt. Do you know what they are? We tell you about it.

The city of Mendoza was strategically designed in terms of its land planning and urban distribution. It is that the buildings and the cement that compose it (without being a metropolis) had to add some green component. And this was not only for a chromatic or ornamental theme, but   the 5 squares that are located in the center of the city make a substantial contribution to the renewal of oxygen   Mendoza   .  

Before describing these green spaces, there is a topic to highlight. We said the squares are strategically located. This is because,   If you look from above, or with Google Maps, we can see that Plaza Independencia, the largest of the 5, is located in the center. While the other four are located one on each “vertex” of a huge imaginary square. For clarity,     access here.  

In fact, the squares constitute the ladder planned by Balloffet for the   city   new post to the earthquake of 1861.

  Plaza Chile  

Its perimeter is made up of   streets Gutierrez, Peru, Necochea and 25 de Mayo   . This name was imposed on him in   1863, in gratitude for the medical aid provided by the neighbouring country to the victims of the earthquake   which ravaged Mendoza in 1861. On the south side, towards Gutiérrez street, a   monument   work by Chilean sculptor Lorenzo Domínguez,   which symbolizes friendship and brotherhood between Argentina and Chile   , represented by the two   liberators   , Saint Martin and O'Higgins, whose right hands are attached on the knob of a sword. The central fountain was placed at level and was redecorated with Venetian motifs with the colors of Chile, the floors were also leveled to make the square accessible to all visitors.

  Plaza Italia  

It is surrounded by the   streets Montevideo, San Lorenzo, May 25 and Peru.   The square itself is a   monument to the Italian community that greatly influenced life in the province of Cuyo de Mendoza   . It has monuments, such as the statue of Romulus and Remo, breastfed by the Roman wolf. This sculpture was designed by Luis Perlotti and represents the history of the founding of Rome. The central fountain of the square is decorated with Italian-style quarry stone. The benches located next to the fountain are the ideal place to read a good book or just sit down and enjoy the scenery.

  San Martin Square  

Surrounding the   streets Av. España, Necochea, 9 de Julio and Gutierrez.   The statue of General San Martín is the work of the sculptor José García   replica of the original, by José Luis Daumas, which is located in the homonymous square of the Federal Capital.   This shows the figure of San Martín, riding on a horse, with his index finger pointing to the west, the place where the crossing was made. It is made of cast bronze. In the square there is also a   monolith erected in 2011 in tribute to the Mothers of Plaza de Mayo   which was carried out by prisoners of the San Felipe prison. The current appearance, of 2018, the barrier-free sample   architectural   as the levels of sidewalks were unified with perimeter streets, burying pre-existing air installations.

  Plaza España  

The   streets Montevideo, Spain, San Lorenzo and July 9   give rise to this green space. Its monument was made of travertine marble from San Juan. It stands out a   figure of a woman symbolizing Spain, great and powerful, and   woman   youngest represents Argentina   , symbol of strength and energy. This year, the entire square was remodeled, maintaining the facade and the classic colonial look.

  Independencia Square  

It is the largest of the 5 squares in the   city   . Actually,   it's 4 apples in a big apple.   Your   Delimiting streets are Patricias Mendocinas, Rivadavia, Chile and Espejo   . In its early years, the Plaza — which they called a park — was demarcated by a balustrade and had in the center an artificial lake, which was its greatest attraction. To avoid fatal accidents, in 1886 the lake was replaced by an ornamental fountain, which was retired in 1927, when the foundation stone of the new Palace of   Government   .

In the mid-90s the Plaza was communicated with Avenida San Martín through Paseo Sarmiento, the refurbishment of the   Municipal Museum of Modern Art   and was refurbished   Julio Quintanilla theater   . On May 5, 1995, after new refurbishment works, the Plaza was inaugurated, a project of the Arq. Nilda González, suitable to the requirements of use without modifying the identity character acquired more than 50 years ago.

Rating: 0/5.