I wrote! Reader NotesGo to section
On the mythical Cervantes lane, at the height of Luján de Cuyo , an old mansion, imposing and majestic, draws the attention of anyone who passes. Inside, Casa Fader holds true artistic relics. Not only for his works, but for the art that hides its walls and its own building structure.
The Emiliano Guiñazú Provincial Museum of Fine Arts — Casa Fader , designed for an active role as an art chair, has original collections of important provincial artists, national and with reproductions of paintings and sculptures of universal art. It is named after the extraordinary artist Fernando Fader, who painted the wonderful murals of the hall and the indoor pool.
The house where it works was donated by Narcisa Araujo de Guiñazú in 1945 and transformed with an original concept of museum-park (geometric layout of cypresses that form open-air rooms for the exhibition of sculptures). It finally opened its doors to the public in 1951. In 1998, the Museum Building, its Park and Fernando Fader's work were declared Heritage Goods of the Province of Mendoza , a sign of official recognition for the heritage value that the Museum has for the life of Mendoza.
The works carried out in recent years, both buildings and the museum's invaluable art collection, required a great investment. To do this, we worked for four years on a restoration and value project, which was carried out in three stages and required the intervention of leading professionals, specialized in the subject.
As a result of this work, the Fader recovered the decorative paintings that embellished him, at the beginning of the 20th century, including the murals of Fernando Fader himself.
As part of the process of recovering the museum's artistic heritage, a comprehensive approach was made to more than 1,700 works of art it preserves, which were cataloged, categorized and registered by an art historian , a restaurateur and a photographer. This resulted in the first catalog of the museum, with international standards.
The institution has pieces from the Fader's collection, as well as works by Hernán Abal, Vicente Lahir Estrella, Fidel De Lucia, Victor Delhez, Antonio Bravo, Rafael Cubillos, Spartaco Romano, Rosario Moreno, Sergio Hocevar, Noemí Barchilón, José Manuel Gil, Julio Suarez Marzal, Ramon Subirats, Roberto Azzoni, Sergio Sergi, Roberto Cascarini, Jose Alaminos, Fidel Roig Matons, Javier De Verda, Elena Capmany of Olaechea, José Alaminos, José Bermudez, Roberto Azzoni and the Fader himself.
After four years of a lot of work, a real commitment of each of the people who intervened in the different stages, the museum , located in San Martín 3651, by Mayor Drummond, Luján de Cuyo remained in its maximum splendor.
In quarantine times, visits become difficult. However, for when the situation is best, it is important to know that the visits are from Tuesday to Friday, from 8.30 to 18:00. Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from 14 to 19. Or you can consult for guided tours at 0261- 4960224. Entries have a symbolic value.
Publication Date: 22/11/2020
We suggest you continue reading the following notes:
There are not comments
Valentín Saal is a Mendocino business manager working in China. Via Instagram he told us the experie...
Bethlehem, Roberto and Pampa, took the route in a combi model 59. We tell you his story.
Accompanied by their Caribbean dog, the Rioja couple claims that they are not tourists because they...
Patrizia nos trae una clase más para que continuemos con el reto yogui, esta vez con una práctica un...