5 things to keep in mind to visit the Cave of the Witches
Some describe it as a huge natural mansion. The Cave of Witches is, as its name suggests, a grotto formed, for millions of years, by the erosion of water in its cavities. This has generated multiple rooms, corridors, stalactites, stalagmites and formations of the most diverse and spectacular colors. It is a unique experience that you can know better with these tips :
- It is located 500 kilometers south of the City of Mendoza, and 40 kilometers from the main town of Malargüe. The access road is passable by any type of vehicle.
- The entrance to the Cavern of Las Brujas is located at 1,930 meters above sea level. The entrance mouth measures almost two meters high by about eight meters wide, and immediately opens into a large hall (Malal-Rue) about 30 meters long by 20 meters wide and 6 meters high. From this “central hall”, narrower openings start towards small galleries which, as a whole, are estimated, reach a development of approximately 5 kilometres . Next, there are several “rooms” such as the one in La Virgen, the one in the Columns and Flowers, where the work of millennia is reflected in curious and unknown figures.
- Your visit is only by reservation and accompanied by an authorized guide. To enter you have to ask for a shift in the Tourism Department of Malargüe or in tourism and travel companies in the city. It is noted that the excursion is not recommended for people with health problems such as blood pressure or difficulty breathing.
- It can be entered throughout the year, depending on weather conditions. It is also important to wear suitable clothing such as long trousers, trekking shoes and coat, because of the temperature inside the cave. And always carry plenty of water.
- Legend: the name of Cavern de “las Brujas” has to do with legends and myths told by some guides and locals in the area. One alleges that, hundreds of years ago, a tribe of natives held two white women captive. To prevent them from escaping, the soles of their feet had been cut off . However, the pain, one day they managed to escape from the tribe and took refuge in the cave. From that moment on, at night, two ragged and untidy women are often seen leaving. They say they go out looking for a new shelter, which they can’t find and come back a couple of hours later.
Argentino, mendocino. Licenciado en Comunicación Social y Locutor. Emisor de mensajes, en cualquiera de sus formas. Poseedor de uno de los grandes privilegios de la vida: trabajar de lo que me apasiona. Lo que me gusta del mensaje escrito es el arte de la imaginación que genera en el lector. Te invito a mis aventuras.
You may also like
That's why Piedra Parada is so famous!
An imposing rock formation of 210 meters high stands solitary in the middle of a wide ravine, on the banks
How do we Argentines look? Passionate, nostalgic, funny, empathetic, supportive and in many other ways. Serargentino.com is exciting!
Yoga classes by Celina VII
We bring you Yoga classes, by Celina Zambón. Follow them. They do well not only for the body, but also
Football and politics in the 40s
During the 40s, several football clubs fulfilled the dream of their own court. Peronism, with an eye on the most
Talent at the service of the pandemic
A drawing by Augusto Costhanzo was recognized by Liam Gallagher. The illustrator was summoned to participate in a campaign in