The Spirit of the Great Liberator
General San Martín is one of the most important cities in Mendoza. It is located in the central north of the province, in the large road and rail corridor that connects Buenos Aires with the city of Mendoza and Santiago de Chile.
It is one of the most outstanding regions in terms of Argentine Wines, where the main economic activity is winemaking and is as well as having the largest number of vineyards and wineries in the province of Mendoza.
What little is known is that the one who gave the impetus to the area was precisely General José de San Martín, at the beginning of the military campaign that would lead to the independence of Chile and Peru.
San Martín wanted to help the armies of the Chilean Bernardo O’Higgins, and thus defeat the Spanish realists; Mendoza was the ideal place to shore up this initiative, and fearful that the place would be invaded favored the population of the area by selling the land of the place. José de San Martín received 200 hectares, in which he encouraged the cultivationunder irrigation of vines and fruit trees, and also the first flour mill.
From Wineries and Vineyards
Reinero Bodegas y Viñedos has its origin in this area and its owner in charge is the winemaker Marcos Gasparoni.
One of the jewels of the winery is a Blend of inks called Reinero Selecto. The 2010 harvest was made up of 50% Malbec grapes from the Uco Valley, 30% with Cabernet Sauvignon grapes, from Barrancas, Maipú and the remaining 20% from Bonarda de Medrano.
40% of the production volume was aged in second use oak barrels and the other 60% in first use barrels, for 11 months until later bottling.
It highlights the intense reds, with violet flashes very characteristic of Malbec, which despite the passing of the years in bottle, we find expressing youth and foster potential.
Its fruits are also alive in the nose where plum and raspberry stand out. Aromas combined with those that yield oak, in which we can appreciate a sweet vanilla and some notes of roasted coffee.
But it is in the mouth that it unfolds all its complexity. It is voluminous, fleshy and intense. The passage through the wood has rounded off its edges and the Bonarda is amalgamated to Cabernet Sauvignon, softening it and giving it great persistence.
The ripe red fruits are again present in a large jam of flavors.
It is not for nothing that you can talk about a velvetywine, as it glides like a fabric without opposition.
These elixirs are little like the ones that General San Martín drank, but without a doubt, which today represent the spirit and magnitude of his epics.
- Sommelier en Cine al Plato
- Columnista en Eno Sábados radio Blu 99.5 San Juan
- Columnista Vitivinícola de la página TBN (Tus Buenas Noticias) en Mendoza.
- Sommelier Comunicador en MVQN(Más Vinos Que Nunca) Radio Continental Córdoba
- Trabaja como Sommelier Privado brindando Catas y Degustaciones
- Docente en Escuela Gastronómica Cecal Córdoba en la materia Introducción a la Enología
- Brinda Cursos Privados a medida para particulares
- Estudió Sommelier Profesional en Mariano Moreno Instituto Superior
- Estudia Comunicaciòn Social en Universidad Nacional de Córdoba