7 tips to prepare a good missionary mate
Mate is a national drink par excellence, but it’s much more than that. It is a custom, a tradition shared by all Argentines from north to south of the country. According to INYM (National Institute of Yerba Mate), 80% choose it as the main infusion. A long way behind you is followed by tea and coffee. However, taking mate, enjoying it and being able to share it, requires some care when preparing it and priming it.
How to prepare the best matte
1. Heat water, then place it in a thermos. Keep in mind that water should not be warm or let it boil to take good mattes. That’s why the temperature of the recommended water is from 70 to 80°C.
2. Pour yerba into the container until three quarters of the container. To make the first mates not so bitter, one or two teaspoons of sugar can be added.
3. Cover the mouth of the mate with one hand, invert it and shake it for a few moments. Return the object to its normal position. Take care that the yerba lies on one of the walls and, in addition, a small hole is formed.
4. To begin with, gently place warm water into the hole left in the yerba. Start the mate with warm water allows the yerba not to burn and lose taste. Allow to stand for a few moments before taking the first mate.
6. Search do not move the bulb and always prime in the same place. This allows you to not wet all the weed and thus enjoy more time of exquisite mattes.
7. Take the first to test and then offer the second to the company. It’s a nice custom that shows respect and camaraderie.
Misionero y argentino por elección. Profesor de Historia (UBA), aficionado a la astronomía y a la ciencia ficción. Soy docente en el nivel medio y superior, pero antes fui maestro heladero, librero, administrativo, encuestador, mozo y hasta repartidor de películas de VHS. Mi pasión es escribir. Tengo unos cuantos cuentos y unas cuantas historias para contar. Como dicen por mi zona, solo “entre, pase y pregunte”.
You may also like
24 hours in the capital of La Rioja
Surrounded by the elegant peaks of the Sierra de Velasco, La Rioja is a spectacle on a sunny day. Go
Bad year for the Argentina Open
This year's Argentina Open was a failure. Too bad, since it was his 20th anniversary. Another avoidable defeat of the
The Provincial Festival of the Pineapple in Colonia Aurora
The Provincial Festival of the Ananá will be on Saturday 22 February, in the town of Colonia Aurora, province of
Tolhuin, the Heart of the Island
Tolhuin is located in the center of the Isla Grande de Tierra del Fuego. “The Heart of the Island” invites
Pedro Aznar, Argentine bassist and composer renowned in the world, refers to the magic that wine provokes in the company