In the middle of one of the most beautiful practices, that of choosing a label on a market shelf of great variety, and having taken one in hand, the comment of the salesman interrupted the silence: “I finally see someone who chooses a Petit Verdot”. And of course, the surprise was not so much. Petit Verdot is a strain that until 1852 was mixed with Malbec and its main use is to bring aroma, colour, acid and tannin to many of the great red wines that circulate.
It has the particularity of being a grape that ripens after the other vines, so it does not adapt easily to all soils. In Argentina there are about 500 hectares planted and that is why it has not had a wide spread. It is a red grape with very good acidity and long lasting in the mouth.
Fond de Cave Reserva 2014 from Bodega Trapiche is a good exponent to try. Two aromatic descriptors stand out from the rest and provide the distinction of this grape: graphite and grass, as well as cherry and plum.
The glass is dyed in its service of intense vivacious red colors with violet reflections. In mouth it is voluminous, with pleasant and sweet tannins. It is juicy and presents persistent notes of vanilla.
A round and balanced wine that you can not fail to taste, and thus contribute to remove the astonishment of your choice.
- Sommelier en Cine al Plato
- Columnista en Eno Sábados radio Blu 99.5 San Juan
- Columnista Vitivinícola de la página TBN (Tus Buenas Noticias) en Mendoza.
- Sommelier Comunicador en MVQN(Más Vinos Que Nunca) Radio Continental Córdoba
- Trabaja como Sommelier Privado brindando Catas y Degustaciones
- Docente en Escuela Gastronómica Cecal Córdoba en la materia Introducción a la Enología
- Brinda Cursos Privados a medida para particulares
- Estudió Sommelier Profesional en Mariano Moreno Instituto Superior
- Estudia Comunicaciòn Social en Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
You may also like
Sailing Antarctica, on the advice of Mariano Curiel
Mariano Curiel is a polar guide, family of sailors, met Antarctica in 2003 and has since been his best ambassador.
A santafesina in the team nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize
Anthropologist Sofía Egaña is a member of the Argentine Forensic Anthropology Team, nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize for his
For enophiles and newcomers
Juanchi Baleiron is the guitarist and singer of Los Pericos, who in addition to his passion for music, opened the
Celebrities in quarantine: Luciana Salazar
Luciana Salazar spends her quarantine days training her physical sculptural, and as always, leaving spicy and mysterious phrases...
Villa El Chocón
This particular and quiet villa is located in the east of the province of Neuquén, within the tourist area called