In the middle of one of the most beautiful practices, that of choosing a label on a market shelf of great variety, and having taken one in hand, the comment of the salesman interrupted the silence: “I finally see someone who chooses a Petit Verdot”. And of course, the surprise was not so much. Petit Verdot is a strain that until 1852 was mixed with Malbec and its main use is to bring aroma, colour, acid and tannin to many of the great red wines that circulate.
It has the particularity of being a grape that ripens after the other vines, so it does not adapt easily to all soils. In Argentina there are about 500 hectares planted and that is why it has not had a wide spread. It is a red grape with very good acidity and long lasting in the mouth.
Fond de Cave Reserva 2014 from Bodega Trapiche is a good exponent to try. Two aromatic descriptors stand out from the rest and provide the distinction of this grape: graphite and grass, as well as cherry and plum.
The glass is dyed in its service of intense vivacious red colors with violet reflections. In mouth it is voluminous, with pleasant and sweet tannins. It is juicy and presents persistent notes of vanilla.
A round and balanced wine that you can not fail to taste, and thus contribute to remove the astonishment of your choice.
- Sommelier en Cine al Plato
- Columnista en Eno Sábados radio Blu 99.5 San Juan
- Columnista Vitivinícola de la página TBN (Tus Buenas Noticias) en Mendoza.
- Sommelier Comunicador en MVQN(Más Vinos Que Nunca) Radio Continental Córdoba
- Trabaja como Sommelier Privado brindando Catas y Degustaciones
- Docente en Escuela Gastronómica Cecal Córdoba en la materia Introducción a la Enología
- Brinda Cursos Privados a medida para particulares
- Estudió Sommelier Profesional en Mariano Moreno Instituto Superior
- Estudia Comunicaciòn Social en Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
You may also like
Did you know this saying has nothing to do with Quixote?
In his words is “Sancho”, he rides and there are dogs. But was this saying ever written by Miguel de
Santa Fe to the Mexican
The look of a Mexican student who lived a semester in the city. Prejudices and truths about Argentines explained firsthand.
The best of beach volleyball went through Santa Fe
On two consecutive weekends, professional beach volleyball championships were held on the beach of La Costanera Este santafesina.
From the beach to the mountain by the ARA San Juan
A diver arrived in Mendoza after walking from Mar del Plata. - Why? - Why? : seeks to reach Aconcagua
Federal Tiro of Mendoza added new technology
The club added new target targets to improve the practice of athletes. A sport that grows in Mendoza and in