Litoraleño empanadas, a delicacy among the rivers
Empanadas are more than just a meal, they are cultural symbols of the Argentine nation. Empanadas have been part of the great moments in the history of the country. Many provinces have turned this food into an element of cultural representation. Tucumán, Salta, Jujuy, among others, are competing for the title of “best empanada”. Today we will show the preparation of the litoraleña empanada, the delicacy of Entre Ríos.
The main feature of patties Litoraleñas is the sugary cheese. Here we give you the possibility to cook your own patty from anywhere in the country. To begin with, we need to distinguish two preparations: dough and stuffing.
For the dough:
- 3 cups common flour
- 1 cup leavening flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water
For the filling:
- 3 yolks
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ½ cup milk
- 300 g Mar del Plata cheese shelled
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- You start sifting the two flours with the salt in a bowl. With this mixture, a gap is made in the middle to add the oil. On the other hand, milk and water are mixed, which will then add to the bowl dough.
- With the dough defined for the litorean pies, we place it on a kneading table. First you need to knead until you get a round shape and then take out thin slices. Kneaded with a stick will take the form of discs that will wrap the filling. The dough is ready.
- Now let’s get the stuffing. In a saucepan on the fire we put a yolk, corn starch and cold milk. It should be mixed until a cream is formed. Then pass the cream to the bowl and add the Mar del Plata cheese on a grater. Add the remaining yolks and add the sugar. It is seasoned and salt is added to taste. Leave the mixture in the refrigerator until it cools down.
- On the kneaded discs, a portion of the cold filling is added, the repulgue is armed and put to fry. Once golden and drained, sprinkle them with sugar. The litoraleña empanada is ready, enjoy!
Licenciado en Comunicación Social y periodista. Soy instructor de tenis y gané un Interclubes, también soy jugador y crítico de videojuegos. Siento que tengo un superpoder, pero aún no logro descubrir cuál es ni su alcance, imagino que es escribir. Siempre con la guardia alta.
You may also like
The Kun of Records
Sergio “Kun” Agüero accumulates, throughout his professional career, a series of records. On the day of his birthday, we remember
The Paraná never ceases to amaze us
Yesterday was the historic downturn in its water flow. Do you want to know what they found now on the
That's why Piedra Parada is so famous!
An imposing rock formation of 210 meters high stands solitary in the middle of a wide ravine, on the banks
How do we Argentines look? Passionate, nostalgic, funny, empathetic, supportive and in many other ways. Serargentino.com is exciting!
La nena santafesina que la rompe en el skate
Con solo ocho años, Sofía se destaca en el skate, un deporte en el que las mujeres (¡mucho más las