And yes, we Argentines are like that. Empanadas from here and there. Empanada tucumana, salteña , jujeña, creole, spicy, sweet, salty. Whatever you want! In Argentina we love empanadas and every family, every province, has its secret . You will love the secrets of Cordoban empanadas and here we will tell you. But first, you have to know that you can also get empanadas in every corner of the city. With all kinds of filling, dough and repulgue. In every corner, neighborhood and kiosk there is always one or the other pie to peck. But it is a sine qua non to be Argentine to know how to make empanadas. That’s why we tell you the recipe for this special variety: the Cordoban empanada.
In Córdoba we make empanadas like this:
For the mass:
- 400 grams flour 0000
- 100 cc brine
- 50 grams pork fat
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 200 grams of ground meat
- 200 grams of onion
- 150 grams of potatoes
- 100 grams of red morron
- 2 boiled eggs
- 20 grams of green olives
- 30 grams of raisins
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Ground pepper
- Caserita dough, caserita: Put in a bowl the flour, the melted fat and the brine. Knead until all the ingredients are integrated, let the dough rest for 30 minutes and stretch until a thickness of 2 mm; cut into rings.
- Special filling: Sauté the morron with onions and add meat and seasonings.
- Cook and finally add the olives, raisins and sugar.
- Separately put in a pot water and bring to a boil. Add chopped potatoes and leave them until softened (approx. 7 minutes).
- We add to the meat mixture finely chopped potatoes and boiled eggs.
- We take the dough rings and stuff, bring the pies to the oven until golden brown.
Argentina, nacida en Córdoba. Investigadora en el área de lingüística. En formación constante sobre las Letras y sobre la vida, gracias a la Universidad Nacional de Córdoba. Mis experiencias en viajes me llevaron a aprender cada vez más idiomas y querer conocer diversas culturas desde adentro. Pienso en la escritura como una herramienta para transformar el mundo y volverlo un espacio justo y equilibrado.
You may also like
Tolhuin, the Heart of the Island
Tolhuin is located in the center of the Isla Grande de Tierra del Fuego. “The Heart of the Island” invites
Pedro Aznar, Argentine bassist and composer renowned in the world, refers to the magic that wine provokes in the company
The Kuranto, how much do you know about him?
Kurantö is an atavic Mapuche food. During February, a ceremony takes place around this elaboration. Many visitors are excited to
San Vicente, an ideal getaway
San Vicente, in the province of Buenos Aires, is an ideal destination for day getaways. With colonial air, it has
Glaciers Footprint, the circuit you haven't done yet.
The province of Santa Cruz, in its quest to increase tourist offers, has launched a unique hiking circuit in our