Carrero stew, the popular stew of the Chaco village
Chaco is a province that speaks through its nature, its native and Creole culture, but also through food. Carrero stew is a typical dish of culinary art Chaco. The name of the dish has an ancient origin, for its preparation the old black three-legged pots were used. They were made of iron and, to move them, they hung them on the back of the wagons and the movement made them sound.
This colonial custom today follows current, not necessarily with an iron pot, but yes in the preparation. To enjoy a carrero stew, the following ingredients are needed.
- 500 g roos beef
- 400 g of stews noodles, also known as “coditos”
- 2 onions
- 1 green onion or chives
- 1 red morron
- 2 corn or corn grains
- 1 carrot
- 3 potatoes
- 300 g zapallo or auyama
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- Vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika
- Oil, oregano and salt to taste
- Bay leaf
Preparation of the carrero stew
- Heat oil in the pot, add the meat cut into pieces and brown it well.
- Fry the onions until almost transparent. Chop and add the green onion and julienne morron, that is, cut like sticks. Add the golden meat and carrots cut into slices. Tomato sauce and vegetable broth are added. It is cooked on low heat for 30 minutes, it should always be stired with wooden spoon.
- Then you can add the potatoes, the zapallo or auyama and the choclo. If the pot seems to be very dry, add more broth. Cook over low heat for 10 more minutes. Finally add the coditos noodles and salt to taste.
- The carrero stew is almost finished, it remains only to add ground paprika, bay leaves and oregano. Once the noodles are cooked, it is served and enjoyed.
The traditional Chaco culture would recommend making the carrero stew in iron pots and serving it in clay dishes. This does not influence the direct taste of the dish, but can enrich the preparation experience.
Licenciado en Comunicación Social y periodista. Soy instructor de tenis y gané un Interclubes, también soy jugador y crítico de videojuegos. Siento que tengo un superpoder, pero aún no logro descubrir cuál es ni su alcance, imagino que es escribir. Siempre con la guardia alta.
You may also like
The Kun of Records
Sergio “Kun” Agüero accumulates, throughout his professional career, a series of records. On the day of his birthday, we remember
The Paraná never ceases to amaze us
Yesterday was the historic downturn in its water flow. Do you want to know what they found now on the
That's why Piedra Parada is so famous!
An imposing rock formation of 210 meters high stands solitary in the middle of a wide ravine, on the banks
How do we Argentines look? Passionate, nostalgic, funny, empathetic, supportive and in many other ways. Serargentino.com is exciting!
La nena santafesina que la rompe en el skate
Con solo ocho años, Sofía se destaca en el skate, un deporte en el que las mujeres (¡mucho más las