The dessert of all Cordoba: fernet ice cream
Besides quarteteros, we’re ferneteros. The recipe for ice cream from fernet is not a tradition for those who do not know it yet. But the one who was encouraged to do so, and experienced this feeling, does not abandon him. The original recipe is created in San Juan by a woman who went viral. We Cordoba went crazy as soon as we met her. And from there on, we start experimenting. Is there a richer dessert? The perfect combination between the freshness of the ice cream and the richness of our main drink. Our love, frozen. It is the perfect dessert to crown the asadito with a golden clasp.
The creator is named Ana Inés Aguirre and published a step by step for the lovers of sweet and bitter. This recipe struck our hearts. It is the official drink of our Cordovan land, made frozen love. The great thing about this step by step is that you do not need ice cream machine or much technology.
“ I’ll teach you how to make fernet ice cream without cooking, without the need to use ice cream machine and without having to be stepping on ice cream while it freezes. We just need an electric mixer, or a hand whisk, and a freezer or freezer that cool the handle”, says Aguirre. What I do. is needed is a pack of instant ice cream, which facilitates the process. In addition, it serves to give it the perfect texture.
Ingredients (for 4 people, and for the pump to pass):
- 1 pack of ice cream Instant vanilla
- 1 teaspoon gelatin without flavor
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 glass of cold milk
- 1/4 glass of fernet
- 1/2 glass of milk cream
- Mix in a bowl the contents of the vanilla ice cream pack with a glass of cold milk (approximately 200 cc) and ¼ glass of fernet (50 cc). Attention! : Do not use more Fernet because alcohol delays freezing.
- Beat with electric mixer for 3 or 4 minutes. (You can use a manual whisk, but you’ll have to be at least 10 minutes whipping non-stop.)
- After a whipping time the mixture becomes more creamy and pale. That’s because air is getting into the prep. It means you’re doing fine. It is recommended not to use a blender, mixer or processor. The blades of such appliances ruin the mixture.
- Moisturize 1 full teaspoon of tasteless gelatin (3.5 g or half a sachet) with 25 cc of cold water. Calculate about 2 tablespoons.
- Allow to stand for a few seconds and heat in the microwave for 10 seconds, or in a water bath. Until he gets smoke, but he doesn’t boil.
- Pour the hot gelatin over the preparation of the ice cream.
- Continue to whip for a few more minutes.
- Measure 100 cc of cream. Add to the mixture.
- Keep beating another minute, and you’re done!
- Place everything in a metal dish that is wide and low, so that the ice cream freezes faster. Bring the fountain to the freezer. When the ice cream is frozen long enough… send a spoon!
Tip for the most ferneteros : to accentuate the taste, sprinkle each serving with ½ teaspoon of Fernet.
Argentina, nacida en Córdoba. Investigadora en el área de lingüística. En formación constante sobre las Letras y sobre la vida, gracias a la Universidad Nacional de Córdoba. Mis experiencias en viajes me llevaron a aprender cada vez más idiomas y querer conocer diversas culturas desde adentro. Pienso en la escritura como una herramienta para transformar el mundo y volverlo un espacio justo y equilibrado.
You may also like
San Rafael, a magical place in Mendoza
San Rafael, a village with streets lined with sycamore and poplars, cafes, ditches and charming squares. An ideal destination for
The Cosquín of the conurban
The Criollo Carnival has been celebrated for 6 years in San Miguel, which has nothing to envy to the traditional
Villa La Angostura a place to meet
Just over an hour's drive from San Carlos de Bariloche, Villa Angostura is an interesting choice for a vacation away
Summer and Green Juices
Summer can be one of the best moments to start dabbling with a green juice, or any other.
A Santafesino video game awarded in the United States
Quadradit won “Best Video Game for Mobile and Tablet” at the Game Connection Awards held in San Francisco. We'll tell