Rice and Orange Cake
( Antonio Carluccio & Gennaro Conaldo)
Here we are, again with something new and different; something that I had never eaten and I didn’t know existed either.
A cake made with rice! Yeah, with rice. If you like rice pudding, this would be like the cake version. It’s super tender, fluffy, creamy. Ideal for dessert or a snack. Easy to make, with common ingredients, great for the kids and something innovative, like to take when we have to go to someone’s house and do not want to arrive empty-handed.
The reality is that I made half the recipe in case I had to throw everything away and I did it in a 20 cm tall diameter mold. And I also used a double Carolina rice instead of the arborium, and I skipped the orangeliqueur, because I didn’t have it.
I’ll pass you the original recipe.
– Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Butter and cover with butter paper and re-coat a 24 cm diameter mold.
– Put the milk, the essence, the pieces of lemon peel and sugar in a small bowl and bring it to a boil. Add the rice to it and boil over low heat for about 20-25 minutes until the rice is al dente and has absorbed the milk, but still has a creamy consistency. Removing from the heat and as it cools, it will absorb more liquid. Remove the lemon peel.
– In a bowl beat the yolks with the liqueur until they are creamy. In another bowl, beat the whites to snow.
– Add the yolks mixture to the already cold rice (room temperature) and mix gently. Add the whites to snow and incorporate them in enveloping form, alternating with raisins and orange zest.
– Put the preparation in the mold and cook for 1 hour.
– Serve warm or cold.
1,700 liter of whole milk
A splash of vanilla essence
The skin of ½ lemon in 3 pieces
200 g sugar
300 g of arboric rice
5 eggs (separate yolks from whites)
50 ml of orange liqueur
40 g raisins
1 orange zest.
Hola. Soy Sandra Casas Cano, amante de las cosas dulces y cocinera aficionada; sólo con algún que otro cursito de gastronomía por placer.
Me considero una “Buscadora de recetas” que me gustan probar; sobre todo de aquellas que jamás he tenido el placer de saborear. Es como viajar por países deleitándome con sus exquisiteses.
Los invito a viajar juntos.
You may also like
The best of beach volleyball went through Santa Fe
On two consecutive weekends, professional beach volleyball championships were held on the beach of La Costanera Este santafesina.
From the beach to the mountain by the ARA San Juan
A diver arrived in Mendoza after walking from Mar del Plata. - Why? - Why? : seeks to reach Aconcagua
5 Barilochans will go to the Youth Olympic Games in Switzerland
The Winter Youth Olympic Games will be from 9 to 22 January. The 5 Barilochenses traveled to Switzerland representing Argentina.
A Lioness in hockey and off the courts
Delfina Merino is a Leona on the court, but also off it. A year without matches, but a lot of
What to do with garbage from the shores of Madrynenses?
Two women from Chubut found the answer to this question and decided to join together to do “something” with garbage