Top 10 scorers
09. Barnabas Ferreyra. Also with 206 goals. Those who were lucky enough to see him say he hit him so hard, he broke nets. In fact, they called him “ Rufino‘s mortar. “ Because of his power and because he was born there. His purchase from River to Tigre at 35,000 pesos was the most expensive in the world at that time. Hence, the nickname “Millionaires” to River.
08. Oscar “Pinino” More. Another one from River. From its 1.65 meter, it shone in the 60’s. He combined talent with impressive speed for the time, thanks to a very large leg power. With what, too, he hit the ball very hard. He nailed 215 goals and 198 of them went to “The Band”.
07. “El Beto” Infante. Member of the famous front of Estudiantes, along with Negri, Arbios, Pelegrina and Gagliardo. 217 goals for the first surprise of the list. And the curiosity of having finished his career in “The Wolf”.
06. “The baby” Sanfilippo. 226 goals. Explosive on the court and outside (remember his passage through Polemic in football). He was able to wear the grana blue colors of San Lorenzo in the 1950s.
Top 5 scorers
05. “The Titan. “ No introduction required. 227 goals. Many of them, mythical. The penalty with both feet for selection. The agonizing goal that qualified us to the 2014 World Cup. The one he did to River when he got back from the injury. Head to Vélez from the middle of the court… I thought it was higher on the board, actually.
04. Manuel Pelegrina. Another surprise. And also from “El Pincha”. Decade of 40. 231 goals for the club’s top scorer and one of the most presences.
03. Herminio Masantonio. Hurricane‘s crack. One jump in the table, to 256 goals. 254 of them, with the jacket of “El Balloon“, between 31 and 43. In ’44 he played for Banfield and put in the other 2. He retired in ’45, at the age of 35. A feat for the time.