I wrote! Reader NotesGo to section
This is the list of Neuquin towns that knew how to house a large number of people, but who, for various reasons, disappeared from the map.
According to the census of December 1886, Ñorquín had more than a thousand inhabitants. Located in northern Neuquino, the municipality consisted of a large population of merchants and public employees . The relevance of Ñorquín was such that there were the first elections for the new Neuquin governorate and, for a whole year, it was the temporary capital of the territory. When in 1887 it was decided that, because of its geographical importance, Chos Malal would be the new capital of Neuquin , the inhabitants of Ñorquín began the exodus. The people who remained there were relocated to a nearby area called Ñorquín nuevo. However, years later it became known that these lands were private property, so their inhabitants had to leave the place and move to El Huecú .
The prosperity of this mining town was as great as its fate tragic . San Eduardo was located a few kilometers from Curaco and Balsa Huitrín and about 80 kilometers from Chos Malal. It was a flourishing village with some 5500 inhabitants, mostly dedicated to the exploitation of the mine of the same name . On 29 March 1951, a methane gas explosion in the mine left six fatalities and many injured. This turning point marked the mass exodus of the inhabitants to neighboring municipalities
Auka Mahuida is a name composed of the Quechua language and araucano ( Auka is' rebel 'in Quechua, mahuida means' hill 'in araucano). The official name of La Escondida refers to this town in between the hills . It was the largest village in its area, when Añelo was nothing but a place and Rincón de los Sauces was not in the plans. The asphaltite mine of the same name was also the trigger for the end of this place. On 22 August 1947, an explosion followed by a fire left 15 workers dead in their tunnels. The mine closed and the inhabitants began their exodus which turned it into a ghost town. In 1999, he left the last town.
The Cerros Colorados hydroelectric complex is located in the lower valley of the Neuquén River, 60 km northwest of the capital city. Civil works of the complex began in late 1969 in Portezuelo Grande. Eleven years later, on October 31, 1980 , the El Chañar compensator was inaugurated, thus completing the construction of the complex. For its construction, a village was necessary to house the workers. But, once the work was finished, the village was built up.
The Piedra del Águila reservoir is the second of five reservoirs on the Limay River to the northwest of the Comahue region, between the provinces of Río Negro and Neuquén. It was inaugurated in 1991 and its construction took 3 years. Like Planicie Banderita, Rincón Chico was a town that was inaugurated exclusively to house the workers of the dam. The villa came to have 6,000 inhabitants, all its paved streets, electric lines, sewers and even hot water . Today there is nothing left, you can only guess the village by the asphalt and the sidewalk cords.
Publication Date: 21/04/2021
We suggest you continue reading the following notes:
There are not comments
Pablo Rodríguez is born and raised in Comodoro Rivadavia and currently presides over the Brazilian S...
Today Patrizia brings us a quiet practice, suitable for all levels, to relax the upper back area, wh...
Brian's networks explode because of the work he does from China, where it's a furor.
We invite you to discover a millennial ceremony where the native peoples gather to pay homage to the...