I wrote! Reader NotesGo to section
The new Director of Selection, spoke with the media at the Ezeiza site
First, President Claudio Tapia took the floor and introduced the Director of National Teams: "It is a pride that César (Menotti) is once again part of the football family. I have no doubt that a stage of growth and professionalism begins with him.”
Later, César Luis Menotti spoke with the press. Then his most prominent phrases:
- “I had never entered the Ezeiza site. President Tapia was the first to invite me.”
- “I love that the footballer knows what it's like to play in the National Team.”
- “I still dream of a selection of people”.
- “The figure of the coach of Argentina is above everything. I'll be there to accompany you, to help. I'll be in everything.”
- "I want a selection to train. We will evaluate the calendar, I want to strengthen the National Team of footballers who play in Argentina, so that the coach can work.”
- "Decisions are marked by my conduct. I'm never anywhere where I'm not comfortable.”
- "Argentina is a country that has very good players and is looking for a team. The teams are built like an orchestra, with good musicians but also with many rehearsals.”
- "I will never intervene in the coach's decisions. I'll be here to help, to advise.”
- “We will try to accompany a cultural development with professional football. That can only be done by the Argentine National Team.”
- “I want to unify criteria with club presidents and coaches.”
- “There is no sport that cares more for women than football.”
- “I am one of those who believe that there are many good players in Argentine football”.
- "When I look into the eyes of these technicians who are in the Selection today, I realize that they are full of enthusiasm. I am thrilled by the desire they have.”
Publication Date: 29/01/2019
There are not comments
Cande Ruggeri spoke about his desire to be “the villain” in a strip and replied “The Argent Question...
Gastón Ugarte is the only Argentine to work in Pixar animation studios. There, he is in charge of cr...
The clothing of the Santafesino countrymen has peculiarities that distinguish it. Tradition inherite...
Long before the advent of the 20th century, the Workers' Movement had already developed its own poli...