In Argentina, nicknames are current currency . We chose them to rename those people we want, as a loving denomination, which can have different origins. And if there's something that Argentines want, it's mate. Mate is our friend, our companion of meetings and solitary moments. The mate goes with us everywhere, accompanies us on the route, in the square, at work, while we study. Or, simply, while we take mate, and dot.
So how were we not going to have nicknames for the mate ? From the site of Yerba Mate Argentina , a collection of some of the most common names and also the most ingenious names were made.
Nicknames for el mate
Do you want more? Famous Inspired Ways to Call Mate
- “ What if we had some Mateos Messi? (Matthew Messi is one of the sons of Lionel Messi )
- “Are Valar Amarghulis coming out?” (name of the twentieth episode the series Games of Thrones: Valar Morghulis)
- “Do we take Leos Mattiolis?” (in reference to Leo Mattioli, cumbia singer and Argentine composer)
- “Go warming up the water and we have some mateicos”
- “Are there some groening mattes? “(Matt Groening is the creator of The Simpsons)
- “What if we take some maits demons “? (by Matt Damon, American actor)
- “Venite and we take a few matius macgoneris” (by Matthew McConaughey, American actor)
- “Today come out a few matius perris” (by Matthew Perry, American actor of the series Friends)
- “Tranqui, que nazing else matters” (for the song by Metallica, “Nothing else matters”)
- “Those Methuselah come out.”
Out of joke
With everything we love to mate, it is also important that we know that, in the current context, it is essential to take precautions when consuming it. The COVID-19 pandemic directly impacts our habit of taking mate in rounds of a thousand. But it is possible to continue killing, with the necessary measures.
The National Institute of Yerba Mate (INYM) launched the “Take Mate, Take Precautions” guide with all the recommendations to kill in quarantine times .
The publication includes all the instructions to be able to take mate safely: how to sanitize the utensils of the matero kit , how to handle and store yerba with caution, between other things.
In addition, they encourage all Argentines to remain connected despite distances . At this time, where physical contact has gone into the background, the important thing is to focus on what is really crucial: love for the other, social responsibility, and solidarity towards our community.
Today sharing takes another dimension and mate invites us to be more present than ever, united in another way. Because, whatever happens, mate is in our identity.
We can continue to create good and nice moments between us, because we're still connected. Have talks, tell us anecdotes, laugh in the distance, and even cry. Let's continue to share this in virtual matteadas with our family or friends, each with their own matte, bulb and thermos.
To see the complete guide and learn how to kill in quarantine times, you can go to this link .
Licenciada en Comunicación Social y correctora. Nacida y criada en el oeste del conurbano bonaerense. Sagitariana, vegetariana, crossfitera y viajera. Estoy convencida de que, con las palabras, podemos hacer magia. Pasen y lean.