Self-esteem is not a gender issue, it is a mental issue. Every person who feels violated his self-love has the possibility to change his mental perspective to value himself.
The problem of self-esteem lies in that we identify (only) with a body, with a personality, a name and a surname. This leads us to think that we have good self-esteem when we love our “person.” And that limits us to a love that will constantly oscillate and change: when we are well we will feel valuable and when we are going through a difficult situation it will not be easy to feel safe and with good self-esteem.
The path of self-esteem of ego is that: that of love for personality or oneself. A love that will change over time, with circumstances and with mood.
Conscious esteem, however, speaks of self-love (a small word changes everything).
Love of self refers to the Being that we are, our essence, our divinity. A big difference.
Love the personality or love the Being that we are?
If we believe in the love of personality:
- Many times we will like our acts and words and other times we don't.
- At certain times we will like our circumstances and in others we will not.
- As long as we are healthy, we will be fine with ourselves and if we are sick we will have difficulty loving each other...
- if we have money we will appreciate ourselves, but if we don't have it...
That quality of “personal” love (ego) is unstable, flimsy and produces insecurity. But if we decide to live from the quality of being that we are:
- Self-esteem is constant, it lacks ups and downs.
- It doesn't depend on the circumstances.
- Provides security permanently.
Conscious self-esteem has the stability of the true Being that we are and includes the personality accepting its vicissitudes thanks to a more comprehensive understanding.
Alicia es fonoaudióloga. Actualmente se dedica a crear actividades para conocer el funcionamiento de la mente y realiza tratamientos de rehabilitación vocal. Comparte talleres, sesiones individuales y charlas relacionadas con el pensamiento, la emoción, la autovaloración, el relax mental, las relaciones conscientes y la educación vocal. Escribe notas para distintos medios gráficos y en las redes sociales. AUTOCONOCIMIENTO *Autoestina y relaciones conscientes. *Descanso mental. Contacto: email@example.com