The Near Aromas Project, from the Cuentos en Boca group, brings us traditional and regional recipes. And what food is more Argentinean and traditional than asado? However, that's what we are the Cordobeses, we put everything One more twist. In the department of San Justo, in the community of La Paquita, you eat well roast. A whole ritual revolves around this event. It's just that, as we already know, the asado is more than a meal . It's like a mass, a meeting that has as the protagonist on the grill, but which means much more than getting together to eat.
In this case, to prepare the so-called well roast, we must follow some recommendations. We bring you the recipe, and we add a couple of tips:
- A shovel. Yes. A shovel.
- Choice of meat
- Salt and pepper to salt to taste
- Some salad to accompany the asadito, once it's ready.
Step by step
- The first thing to do is a well approximately 60 cm deep, and the size of the grill to be used.
- There, it is set on fire for an hour in such a way as to raise a lot of temperature. A lot of it!
- Then, the embers are taken out, the earth is left alone. It's a little white on the edges because of the heat.
- On the grill is placed the seasoned meat to taste and then the well is covered with a veneer on which all the embers that were taken out of the well are placed on it.
- In two hours it's ready. Some are opening the veneers to look, but there are those who know that in two hours it's finished.
Genoveva tells, in the recipe book Aromas Nearby, that “The head of a cow is very rich, it has a lot to take out: the tongue, the jaws, the brains.”
We also bring you a recipe for chimichurri to accompany this delight of asado de pozo. Click here. Other recipe cordobesaza.
Argentina, nacida en Córdoba. Investigadora en el área de lingüística. En formación constante sobre las Letras y sobre la vida, gracias a la Universidad Nacional de Córdoba. Mis experiencias en viajes me llevaron a aprender cada vez más idiomas y querer conocer diversas culturas desde adentro. Pienso en la escritura como una herramienta para transformar el mundo y volverlo un espacio justo y equilibrado.