I wrote! Reader NotesGo to section
There is a dish that is never missing on the Argentinean table during the last two weeks of December. There are those who prefer to eat it during dinner, while others wait to assault him in the fridge at dawn. If your head thought of a vitel toné , move on to withdraw the prize at the end of the note. No, lie. But, seriously, this food originally from Italy was quickly adopted in our country during immigration . Then he went on to form the list of popular ones that all devour in the festive times. Although there is no exact date for it to be consumed. This is a matter of tradition that spread throughout the territory of Argento.
While it may sound a little French (thoné), the culinary delight is one hundred percent coming from Italian lands . There, it is known as vittelo tonnato and is usually presented in its cold or hot version . The exact birthplace is the Piedmont region, where the preparation spent a long time without undergoing any modifications. Until mayonnaise began to be used in its composition, look that professionals point out as responsible for standardizing taste. Prior to incorporation, the recipe only had its own sauce product of tuna and oil. It should be noted that in the gastronomic records of the European country they place its creation in the year 700 .
1. You're going to start by marinating the fish in the two glasses of wine throughout the night. This step you can sauté but it is recommended to do it so that the meat is well fluffy and much tastier.
2. After this time, bridle the fish (tie it, so that it retains its round shape). This is another step you can do without, although if you want to do it you will benefit the dish. The purpose is for the fish to better preserve its juices and its shape.
3. I boiled the meat in the broth for 1 hour in a common cooker or 40 minutes in a pressure cooker. Then leave to cool inside the broth.
4. In parallel, I put in the blender 1 large ladle of the broth in which the fish was made with the 2 boiled egg yolks. In addition, add tuna, anchovies, 2 spoons of olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice. Then add the mustard, mayonnaise and spoonful of capers. Blend all ingredients until a thin cream is obtained.
5. Cut the fish into thin or thicker slices according to your taste.
6. Place all the slices in a bowl and bathe them with tuna sauce and anchovies. Finally, spread the capers above as a finishing touch. Now, yeah, that season of vitel toné starts to blow up every belly in the county. Nothing more cute than giving love to your loved ones in the form of food!
Publication Date: 23/12/2020
We suggest you continue reading the following notes:
There are not comments
Today Patrizia brings us a 20 minute practice of power yoga, designed for those who already have str...
Even that temperature can reach the thermal sensation in Dubai. There lives a Mendoza who works on t...
The photographer and cultural manager practically invented the space of photography in the national...
Serargentino.com columnist and winner of the recognition “Ambassador of the Word”, tells everything...