The purists will say does mate take bitter , and period. No sugar or weird stuff. The truth is that, in many provinces of our country, it is accustomed to add yuyos to infusion more argentina for a long time. Also, let's be honest: not all of us are in the middle of the field, priming ourselves mate from a turkey heated to the firewood fire. So why not give them a chance different experiences and flavors ? Traditions are reinvent and, if it is to achieve a benefit to our health, better yet. Do you dare to give it a spin and try this matte supermighty ?
More conscious nutrition
Yael Kritzer is a nutritionist graduated from the University of Buenos Aires (UBA) and has a postgraduate degree in Vegetarian and Vegan Nutrition “Based on Plants” at the University of Belgrano (UB). Complements their training with training in natural cuisine and plant based , Ayurveda medicine and medicinal plants. Yael specializes in mindful eating . What is this? It's about looking for a more conscious, holistic and real nutrition , based on foods that fill our body, mind and spirit. For that reason he created Wellness Revolution, a space to discover a new way to link with food and everything that nourishes us, but which is not food.
From your account Instagram (@blogdewellness) , provides advice and guidance to all its followers. It shows — in definitiva— what was his personal path to holistic nutrition and provides tips that anyone can incorporate into their day to day to achieve that change.
But What did all this have to do with the mate? As we said, traditions are reinvented, take new forms and adapt to new lifestyles. Yael takes mate, like all Argentina. But — following his philosophy of food — adapts it to make it less aggressive for the body and, by the way, be able to incorporate other herbs, spices and magics very beneficial. A conscious mate .
Do you want to meet the supermighty mate?
Yael's proposal has to do with using less weed and more “little things” , as she calls them. Why do you make this change?
- To reduce dependence on matein.
- To decrease its gastric irritating effect and acidity generating.
- To decrease its stimulating effect of the nervous system (if we are stressed, it does not help in anything add more accelerate).
- To use less sweetener, as adding coconut is a good way to cut bitterness, lowering the threshold of sweetness.
- To decrease the tannins in the yerba that interfere with the absorption of iron.
- For vehicles for medicinal herbs, spices and superfoods
- To get out of autopilot and connect with our needs.
The idea is that, of the 100% yerba we use, “little things” begin to occupy more and more space . Yael's formula is 25% organic yerba and 25% coco . The remaining 50% consists of extra herbs and dusts , customized to everyone's taste, according to our need and the season of the year.
Attention! : It is important to move the mate away from the main meals of the day (lunch and dinner), so that it does not interfere with the absorption of iron.
Magic herbs and powders (special for winter)
Herbs (two or more can be combined)
- Digestive Topics (relaxing, anti-inflammatory, digestive, anti-acid and antispasmodic): Incayuyo, yellow stick, passionary, sage, bancha tea.
- Non-digestive topics (regular menstrual and premenstrual symptoms, headaches, cramps, fluid retention, mood): Yellow stick, passionary, horsetail, sage, rosemary.
- Turmeric (+pepper): Anti-inflammatory, strengthens the immune system, and many more benefits.
- Anise: Carminative, antispasmodic.
- Cinnamon: Regulates sugar, relieves menstrual symptoms.
- Moringa: Iron, calcium, magnesium, anti-inflammatory.
- Reishi: Focus, concentration.
- Lions mane: Concentration, memory.
- Agshwanda: Focus, strengthens the immune system.
The options are many and the fun is to try up find your favorite combination or go varying to provide different benefits and flavors every day. Ready for the supermighty mate?
Licenciada en Comunicación Social y correctora. Nacida y criada en el oeste del conurbano bonaerense. Sagitariana, vegetariana, crossfitera y viajera. Estoy convencida de que, con las palabras, podemos hacer magia. Pasen y lean.