Together with the famous pejerrey de mar, bass is valued as one of the richest fueguine species to consume . Easy to purchase, you can fish with net or rod from the riograndenses coast.
Floured, in milanese, baked golden, in patties, the bass finds different variants to be consumed . However, today we will share a very special recipe that incorporates this fish into an exquisite cake. If you travel to Fueguina lands, you can't stop trying it.
Ingredients for dough (2 round lids)
- 300 g of common flour
- 150 g of butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 glass of cold water
Ingredients for the filling (4 people)
- 1.5 kg of filleted and depined sea bass
- 2 stems green onions
- 1 leek
- ½ red bell, ½ green and ½ yellow bell
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes natural or canned
- Seasonings to taste. You can not miss salt, sweet paprika, green pepper, oregano and a hint of ground chili pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Preparation of dough
- Put the flour and salt in a bowl.
- Place the butter cut into pieces on the flour.
- Crumble with your hands the butter with flour, until there is a kind of wet sand. Do not grope much (the minimum and indispensable), so the butter does not melt with the heat of the hands.
- Once the sandblasting is done, add the ice water. You can put it first in the fridge or put a cube on it. It is added from very small trickles so as not to pass us and go achieving a united and smooth mass.
- Wrap the dough in film and refrigerate until use. You must be at least half an hour in the fridge.
- When taking out, sprinkle the countertops with flour and stretch with the stick to the desired size. It is a fairly elastic and easy to handle dough.
Preparation of the filling
- Boil the fillets in water 10 minutes.
- Remove the water and crumble. Add seasonings and mix well so that the fish takes the taste.
- Chop the verdeo, leek, pepper and garlic. Sute in the oil taking care not to snatch them. Add the tomato well chopped.
- Add the fish to the pot with the vegetables and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Prepare the dough in the cake or roast and place the filling (from warm to cold), cover and send to the oven half the time necessary for cooking the dough.