I wrote! Reader NotesGo to section
Its magical and secret component is homemade bread dough. Pirok or Kraut Pirok used to be food for poor Russians . While in Germany it was that of the farm workers . This was because it was a practical dish to make and take away, like meats. The recipe passed through countless generations and reached the central and eastern parts of the United States, particularly Kansas. There, they are called Bierok . They are also in Nebraska and are called Runsas or Runzas . Then they went on their way to Canada to delight the diners in the area.
Of course, it would not be long until he arrived in Argentina , if we are immigrant land . Therefore, today we can enjoy it thanks to the Volguans who settled in and gave us endless gastronomy in return. Most of all in the south of the province of Buenos Aires, Entre Ríos and La Pampa, among others. In fact, in cities such as Crespo or General Ramirez there are festivities that honor Pirok. At the same time, it is quite common to make sales to raise funds and help institutions. In addition, they are popular at lunches, dinners or social gatherings in the German community .
Originally only cabbage was used for its content, as well as salt and pepper as the only seasoning. However, the elaboration was gradually perfected and other flavors adhered. Some of them were onions, potatoes, meat and spices, which vary depending on the taste of the person preparing them.
1 large cabbage
400 g minced meat
2 large onions
1 kg of flour 0000
50 g of yeast
Half a cup of oil
1 . Perform it the day before to leave to ferment for 24 hours.
2. Chop the onion well and sauté it in a saucepan with a drizzle of oil.
3. Gradually add half of the small chopped cabbage (the heart and the inner part are discarded). In turn, cook over medium heat with the covered pot and stir occasionally with wooden spoon.
4. Add meat, salt and ground chili pepper (you can add oregano too). Do not forget to keep stirring while.
5. Add the other half of the small chopped cabbage and cook until you see that it takes a brown color.
1. Put the flour in a bowl.
2. Dissolve the yeast in warm water and half a cup of oil.
3. Mix with flour and knead until it takes an elastic consistency and does not stick to your fingers.
4. Cover the dough and let it stand about an hour for it to lift.
1. Roll out the dough until it reaches an approximate thickness of 2 mm and cut it into squares of about 10 x 10 cm.
2. Add to each square a tablespoon of filling and close them by joining the four tips.
3. Place in a pre-oiled tray
4. Bring to a moderate oven until golden brown.
Bonus track: as an option, there are those who fry them in vaccine fat.
Publication Date: 07/10/2020
We suggest you continue reading the following notes:
There are not comments
Pablo Rodríguez is born and raised in Comodoro Rivadavia and currently presides over the Brazilian S...
The second season of the dinners and lunches now driving his granddaughter Juana Viale keeps a good...
Domingo Antonio Raso's life was anonymous as his responsibility: he had to guard the leader of justi...
Today Patrizia brings us a quiet practice, suitable for all levels, to relax the upper back area, wh...