I wrote! Reader NotesGo to section
1) Argentinian tea has a beautiful coppery red color, like the land where it is grown.
And in our land the harvest is mechanical (we have developed specific machinery for that purpose and our country exports it! )
2) Argentina's tealera region is concentrated in the provinces of Misiones (96%) and Corrientes (4%). We are considered a “plain te”, as it is located in places that do not exceed 300 snm.
3) Argentine te is highly appreciated in the world for its organoleptic properties.
Its cleanliness and transparency make it ideal for “cutting tea”, that is, to combine with teas from other origins and make complex drinks . Especially in the packaged beverage market, for cold drinking.
4) 95% of the production of Argentine teas is destined for export . Only 5% is used for domestic consumption.
5) Argentina is the 9th world producer (the main ones are C hina, India, Kenya, Sri Lanka ) and one of the leading exporters.
As a corollary, I leave you thinking that the main buyers of the Argentine tea are the US and Chile (so the next time you buy the yellow and red sachets... think it's almost all ours!)
Source: Ministry of Agribusiness, Argentine Food, Ing. Agr. Patricia Parra
Publication Date: 07/05/2018
We suggest you continue reading the following notes:
Matías is a reminder. He travels the world sharing his stories with thousands of people.
A plant that has its symbolism and tradition in Argentine customs. Above all, it has prominence in a...
We make you the top 5 of the most controversial and scary cases in Argentina. Some of them even have...
Learn how this chef from San Lorenzo came to cook nothing less than Richard Gere.