Why is the carrero stew called “Carrero”? The history of this national dish goes back to the Cologne . When travelers, merchants, settlers and their custodian troops, they moved into the interior of the country in carts. Caravans of various carts and day trips. Where food was based on stews of what was there, cooked in a huge pot. For reasons of practicality.
- Green onions.
- Chopped garlic cloves.
- Red wine to taste.
- Olive oil
- Zapallo cabutia.
- Buffalo meat (garon, popcorn, third cuts, with fiber, not lean).
- Pasture cut (garon, popcorn, third cuts, with fiber, not lean).
- Salt and pepper.
- Ground chili pepper.
- A bay leaf.
- Homemade vegetable broth
For the garnish
- Potatoes goose or papines.
- Orange sweet potatoes.
- Baby carrots.
- Soak the beans the day before.
- Strain and cook from cold water to height until al dente.
- Peel and cut the onions into not very small pieces.
- Wash very well and cut the leek and green onion, equal in size as the onion.
- In a saucepan with high edges, heat the butter and oil over medium heat, and sauté the vegetables there.
- Once the onion is transparent, incorporate the meat cut into a snack size, approximately 2 x 2 cm.
- Cook until it is well browned on all sides. From time to time, mix.
- Deflaze with red wine and add broth until cover.
- Add herbs (paprika, ground chili and bay leaf), mix and let cook until the meat is well soft, approximately 1:30 to 2 hours.
- If necessary, add broth as the preparation requires.
- Half cooking, incorporate the squash cut into cubes. Continue cooking.
- When the stew is almost ready, add the pre-cooked beans.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the stew until the beans are tender!
For the garnish
- Wash potatoes, sweet potatoes and carrots very well.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into cubes, approximately 1 x 1 cm.
- Sprinkle with a little oil, mix well, place in a roast and cook in the oven at 180° until golden brown.
- Boil from cold water the papines al dente.
- Do the same with baby carrots, in another pot.
- Finish cooking in a well-heated frying pan with butter.
- Serve the stew well hot with the porridges, baby carrots and sweet potatoes on top.
- Finish with chopped green.