When you tour the restaurants of the city of Santa Fe, you often see a sign or blackboard, which “invites” the menu of the day , well santafesino:
Entrance: Surubí Empanadas
Main course: Boga despinada baked (sometimes grilled)
Dessert: Alfajor santafesino
This is how, after tasting this exquisite menu, we are interpel the desire to be able to repeat it at home and then probably in the same restaurant where we enjoyed it, the cook goes on to explain some of the ways to prepare each dish. We leave you step by step of this menu well santafesino.
- Surubí belly (for 12 empanadas, depending on disc size), ½ kilo
- Creole dough discs for oven, or for frying, depending on preference
- Broth prepared with water, a whole girl onion; carrot whole or cut to the middle; having at home a pepper, incorporate it cut to the middle and without seeds or ribs ; a small bouquet of parsley; a couple of whole garlic cloves; salt; sweet paprika
- Sauté onion. For this amount, one medium onion
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- Bring to a boil the whole piece of fish in the broth, for about 20 minutes.
- Saute the onion and, when cooled, add a little sweet paprika to it.
- Remove the fish when cooked enough and put it in a bowl with onion, ground black pepper and ground chili pepper. Salt will be added if deemed necessary. Mix it well and book on the refrigerator preferably for 24 hours.
- The next day, cook the boiled eggs, peel them and chop them to mix with the surubí.
- Begin with the assembly of the patties, taking caution to place in the center the filling, leaving the edge for the repulgo and adding a small spoonful of oil to it before closing the pie.
- Place them in a baking dish about 30 or 40 minutes, or fry the oil well hot.
The despinada vogue
- 1 vogue
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Salt, pepper, ground chili pepper
- 1 cup of oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Laurel, oregano (accept other seasonings, but you need to be careful not to disfigure the own taste of the fish)
- Clean and wash the vogue well. Let it drain.
- Place it in a roast on two rods, in order to that does not stick to the grill already being in the oven. The same precaution should be taken if cooking on the grill, it has to be cold cleaned, because — if it is heated — when putting the fish will stick.
Chop the parsley, garlic, onion, ground chili, oregano and laurel together. Add oil, lemon juice and pepper; salt will be incorporated to taste.
- Once everything is well mixed, it turns over on fish, inside and out . It's important to sit for an hour, at least.
- The oven should be well hot at the time of placing the vogue and leave it until golden brown.
- On the grill, the grill will control the time of exposure to fire.
The santafesinos alfajores
Ingredients for a dozen
- 250 g flour 0000
- 4 yolks
- 50 g of butter
- 1 tablespoon of alcohol
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3/4 l of water
- Dulce de leche
- A clear one
- 250 g of impalpable sugar
- 1 jet of lemon
- Place flour with yolks, butter, salt and warm water in a bowl. The tablespoon of alcohol is added to make the dough crunchy.
- Mix all the ingredients by joining them into a mass. Remove the dough from the bowl and place on the table. Knead for 10 minutes, not less, to get well smooth caps.
- Place the dough in a bowl and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, preferably covered with a film .
- Remove from the refrigerator and place it on the table by placing flour underneath and above. Knead with floured stick for stretch the Bun until a very thin dough is left.
- Cut the dough recovering the remaining leftovers to make small buns and new records with them.
- Place the caps in a dish to take them to the oven for about 7 or 8 minutes, remembering to prick them with a fork so that they do not inflate when cooked. Take them out and let them cool.
- Take 3 caps and cover them, interspersing them with dulce de leche.
- Then proceed to bathe them with glaze.
Preparation of glaze
- Book a clear and beat it to snow. When the smoothie is ready 3 or 4 tablespoons of impalpable sugar are added, depending on necessary for the bath to stay firm . A few drops of lemon juice will bring flavor and consistency.
- When dumping this bath over the alfajores, the cover may not be completely smooth, which you should not worry, because this is the original appearance of a well-santafesino alfajor.