I wrote! Reader NotesGo to section
The National Tea Festival is held in the municipality of Campo Viera, located within the Oberá department, province of Misiones. This event is organized as a tribute to the efforts of producers and the benefits of tea. As in every Argentine tradition, there are unavoidable rituals around every national holiday. For example, the opening parade, technical conferences or industrial exhibitions, shows with great local artists and the choice of a Queen of the event. All these rites are celebrated on the National Tea Festival.
This national holiday is one of the most important, as Argentina produces 60,000 tons of tea annually , making our country the seventh exporter worldwide. Obviously, it is celebrated in the province of Misiones because its climate and the ease of the terrain make it the protagonist of the production. This region accounts for 90% of Argentine tea plantations, which makes it possible for 50,000 tons of black tea to be produced annually.
This makes it possible to supply the domestic market and export to different countries. Among those interested in our delicious productions are: the United States, Chile, UK, Germany, Kenya and the Netherlands. For all this and much more, the Tea Festival as a meeting place and vindication of our identity and activity takes place every year. This national event takes place every May and already reaches almost 30 editions, all with great call.
Contests are also held around the event. One of the most common is the Argentine Tea Competition “Path of Excellence” . This competition is organized with the aim of stimulating Argentine producers to reach new quality standards. In Campo Viera, home of the party, it is announced who is the producer and/or breeder of the best tea. Obviously, the product is evaluated according to its organoleptic characteristics by sensory comparison of the different products participating in the competition. With trained judges and experienced in this infusion.
Argentinian tea has a high content of polyphenols and, for this reason, has a very good antioxidant capacity, a highly sought after quality internationally. Therefore, Argentina has the potential to produce higher quality tea for niches that pay a higher value and are constantly growing .
Argentina is a country with a centuries-old tradition in the production of tea . It is not innocent that he has become one of the world's leading exporters . The products that are marketed are mainly black tea and green tea. Although red tea is also marketed to a lesser extent. The production area is located in the provinces of Misiones and Corrientes, which together constitute the southernmost region in the world where tea is grown. The province of Misiones has some 42,000 hectares implanted, accounting for 95% of the area of tea grown in the country. The remaining 5 per cent is in the northeast of the province of Corrientes.
Tea is the second most consumed drink in the world, after drinking water. Therefore, behind this infusion lies a fascinating story that breaks through social and cultural tradition. And that, moreover, accounts for the interculturality that constitutes us . According to Chinese legend, this interesting story begins with Emperor Shen Nung. He was a scholar and herbalist who, for reasons of hygiene, drank only boiled water. Because of this curious habit, he discovered the beneficial properties of tea.
The myth tells that one day in 2737 BC, when Shen Nung was resting by a wild tea tree , a breeze stirred the branches strongly. And that fate, luck, or nature caused some leaves to fall into the boiling water. When he woke up and drank the infusion he found it deliciously refreshing and restorative . That's how, almost by magic, tea was “discovered”.
Publication Date: 01/05/2021
We suggest you continue reading the following notes:
There are not comments
The young man from Cutral Có tells us how it was like to travel the world working with recycling pro...
Because argentinity is also in the trajectories of these collective heroes who with their exploits w...
Today Patrizia brings us a little longer practice, so that we work the whole body. Make a space in y...
In 1925, the Gato and Mancha horses joined Buenos Aires with New York. In honor of them, in Chubut a...