I wrote! Reader NotesGo to section
That we are the best audience in the world is not new. And in this case, we don't just say it. There is no band that has passed through our country that has not been stunned by the passion and effervescence of the local public. The Ramones were, perhaps, one of the ones that generated one of the closest links with our country's fans.
In his book Ramones en Argentina , journalist Gerardo Barberán recounts several interesting facts that took place during the group's visits to Argentina:
1) The band visited our country seven times over 9 years (between 1987 and 1996).
2) The stadium of Obras Sanitarias was like his home: they played there more than 20 times.
3) Dee Dee, the original bassist of the group, fell in love with Barbara Zampini, an Argentine teenage girl, and lived with her for a while in the Buenos Aires town of Banfield.
4) When he gave interviews on local radio stations, Joey Ramone also played as a DJ: he had his own records and passed them.
5) In the summer of '96, the band reached its peak of exposure in the country; there were even some magazines that were released just to take out a poster or a strong edition of Ramones, and then disappeared.
Publication Date: 14/11/2018
There are not comments
An extraterrestrial event is happening in the province of La Rioja... This is Solar54, a human life...
In the year of the seventieth anniversary of Argentine television, we began remembering this program...
Today Patrizia brings us a 20 minute practice of power yoga, designed for those who already have str...
Even that temperature can reach the thermal sensation in Dubai. There lives a Mendoza who works on t...