Synthesis - Biography
He was born in Rio Cuarto, Córdoba , on May 21, 1903. He was murdered, following his abduction, in Timote, on 1 June 1970.
Married to Sara Lucía Herrera.
President of the Argentine Nation (de Facto) .
Vice-President: ISAAC FRANCISCO ROJAS.
Mandate: November 13, 1955 to May 1, 1958.
- Enforcement of the Constitution of 1853, through the decree annuling that of 1949.
- Call for a General Constituent Convention, for a new constitutional reform.
- Suspension of the Divorce Act Link.
- Establishment of the National Institutes of Agricultural Technology ( I.N.T.A .) and Industrial Technology (I.N.T.I.), for agricultural and technological development.
- The I.A.P.I. is dissolved, leaving agricultural exports in the hands of the National Grains and Meat Boards.
- A loan is requested to finance imports from Europe .
- Entry to the International Monetary Fund .
- Bank deposits are denationalized.
- Creation of the National Arts Fund, the National Film Institute and the Government House Museum.
- The prohibition of functioning affecting entities such as the Argentine Scientific Society, the Colegio Libre de Segunda Teaching and the IFT Theatre is void.
- University Autonomy is restored.
- Commissioning of the first Argentine nuclear reactor.
- Inauguration of the Usina de San Nicolás.
- Application, in schools, of the first doses of the Salk vaccine, in the face of the violent epidemic of poliomyelitis.
- Martial Law was applied after a military civic insurrectional movement and numerous people were shot.
- Creation of the Company Ferrocarriles del Estado Argentino (E.F.E.A.).
- Call for General Elections, with the prohibition of Peronism .
- Interior: Eduardo B. Busso. Laureano Landaburu. Carlos Alconada Aramburu.Angel Cabral.
- Justice: Laureano Landaburu.
- HR and Worship: Luis Podestá Costa. Alfonso de Laferre. Alejandro Ceballos.
- Farm: Eugenio Blanco. Robert P. Verrier. Adalbert Krieger Vasena.
- Finance: Julio Alizón Garcia.
- Commerce: Julio Llamazares.
- Industry: Alvaro Alsogaray.
- Trade and Industry: Rodolfo Martínez. Julius Caesar Cueto Rua.
- Education: Atilio Dell'Oro Maini.
- Education and Justice: Carlos Adrogué Acdel Ernesto Salas.
- Agriculture and Livestock: Alberto Mercier.
- Public Works: Pedro Mendiondo.
- Transport: Sadi E. Bonet.
- Communications: Luis Maria Ygartúa. Angel H. Cabral.
- Work and Forecasting: Raúl Carlos Migone. Horacio Aguirre Legarreta. Alberto F. Mercier. Tristan Enrique Guevara.
- Army: Justo León Bengoa. Arthur Ossorio Arana.
- Marina: Teodoro Hartung.Aeronautics: Ramon Abrahín.