Synthesis - Biography
Born in Paso de los Libres, Corrientes , on October 28, 1908. He died in Buenos Aires on 18 April 1995.
Married to Elena Faggionato.
President of the Argentine Nation.
Vice-President: ALEJANDRO GOMEZ (resigned in 1958).
Mandate: May 1, 1958 to March 29, 1962 (overthrow).
- Developmental ideas are adopted as the basic policy of the Government.
- Enactment of the Law on Professional Associations.
- Signing contracts with foreign oil companies, achieving self-supply of hydrocarbons.
- Argentine oil is exported for the first time in history.
- Creation of Fiscal Coal deposits (Y.C.F.).
- Freedom of education is declared, private universities are authorized and the Teachers' Statute is created.
- Increase in the number of technical schools and redesignation as Universidad Tecnológica Nacional, of the Universidad Obrera Nacional, created in 1948. Expansion of foreign relations policy.
- Policy on the establishment of foreign capital (whose main measures were the laws on foreign direct investment, industrial promotion and oil contracts).
- Remarkable growth of the automotive industry, settling in the country several enterprises.
- Opening to the world in the cultural field and creation of the University Publishing House of Buenos Aires (USA de B.A.) and the Di Tella Institute.
- Inauguration of the steel mill General Savio, in San Nicolás, Province of Buenos Aires.
- First launch of an aircraft built entirely in the country.
- Concession is granted to the Italian Electricity Company, the company Servicios Eléctricas del Gran Buenos Aires (S.E.G.B.A.) and the Federal Council of Electric Energy are created.
- Purchase of railway tractive material and suppression of various branches.
- The CONINTES Plan (Internal State Concussion) was implemented to suppress the increasing number of student strikes and protests.
- Projects for the construction of important public works, such as the El Chocon- Cerros Colorados dam and the Subfluvial Tunel that will link the cities of Santa Fe and Parana .
- The ban to peronism rises.
- Interior: Alfredo Roque Vitolo. Hugo Cow Narvaja.
- Education and Justice: Luis Rafael Mac Kay. Michael Sussini (h).
- HR and Worship: Carlos Florit. Diogenes Taboada. Adolfo Mugica. Miguel Angel Carcano. Roberto Etchepareborda.
- Economy: Emilio Donato del Carril. Alvaro Alsogaray. Roberto Alemann. Arthur Coll Benegas. George Wehbe.
- Social Assistance and Public Health: Héctor Noblía. Tiburcio Padilla.
- Work and Forecasting: Alfredo Allende. David Bléjer. Guillermo Acuna Anzorena.Ismael Bruno Quijano. Oscar Puiggros.
- Public Works and Services: Justo Policarpo Villar. Alberto Constantini. Arthur Acevedo. Jose Mazar Barnett. Pedro Pétriz.
- National Defense: Gabriel del Mazo. Just Policarpo Villar. Rodolfo Martinez.
- War: Hector Solanas Pacheco.
- Navy: Adolfo Estevez.
- Aeronautics: Roberto Huerta.