If you plan to travel with your pet, we give you some tips that will help you make the transfer easier and more enjoyable.
If you plan to travel with your pet , we give you some tips that you will help to make the transfer easier and more enjoyable.
- Before leaving home, find out about the accommodation where they accept it. Remember that in the middle of the season, you can't access downtown beaches. There are beaches enabled, such as Yes in Mar del Plata .
- Visit the veterinary doctor, and don't forget to bring his vaccination card, even if you're traveling in a private car.
- Avoid changing your meal times and walks and sudden changes in your diet.
- Take some familiar objects, such as toys, bed, and plates. In case the changes alter her.
- If you are not used to stepping on sand or hot terrain, take a towel or mat.
- Since 2015, Aerolíneas Argentinas has admitted passengers to travel with dogs and small cats. The transfer can be in the cabin, if it weighs less than 9 kilos, has more than 45 days of life, health certificate issued by a veterinarian, rabies vaccine , is dewormed and travel in a cage under the front passenger seat.
- If you're traveling by car, never leave it in a space where heat builds up in your vehicle, even under the shade and windows open. Take water to drink and moisten the coat.
- You must fast about 8 hours prior to the trip, to avoid decompensation. And I made some stops so I can do his needs and avoid dizziness.
- Do not tie them with ropes or straps. If there is an accident , you may be injured, strangled or dragged by the vehicle.
- “ Cats are not used to traveling by car. That's why conveyor cages are perfect. If they are restless, they can be provided with a sedative, indicated by the veterinarian,” warns veterinarian José Luis Molina, head of the Zoonoses Department of the Pasteur Institute.
- It is very important for the pet to wear its identification plate or chip.