I wrote! Reader NotesGo to section
Chapter 8 - White Hall: Originally conceived as a venue for receptions, it is the main hall of the Palace due to its functions and size.
Originally conceived as a venue for receptions, it is the main hall of the Palace due to its functions and size. Here the most important acts are performed, such as handing over, by the outgoing president , the command attributes (presidential band and staff) to the new president. Oath ceremonies of Ministers and Secretaries of State, receptions of special guests, signatures of international treaties are also held.
The original design and construction were the work of the architect Francesco Tamburini . The perimeter columns, with composite capitals (jónic-Corinthian), have reliefs, such as vases, chimeric birds, acanth leaves and the National Shield worked in gold to the leaf. The doors that open to the North and South halls are covered with mirrors.
This space is presided over by a headboard or a headboard, that is, an important ornamental front in the form of a fireplace on which is exhibited the bust of the Republic in Carrara marble, the work of the Italian artist Ettore Ximenes , and the National Shield made of bronze and placed on a plate of moremarble of different shades. The set is finished by a pair of wooden angels skated with trumpets of glory.
From the center of the salon, hangs an overgilded bronze chandelier, made in France and armed in Buenos Aires , which weighs 1250 kilos and has 192 lamps. Numerous sconces on the walls complete the illumination.
The Slavonian oak floor was brought from Brussels in 1903 and, in 2010, was restored for the celebrations of the Bicentennial of the May Revolution .
On the ceiling, you can see a painting on canvas by Italian artist Luis De Servi made in 1910 in homage to the Centenary of May 25, 1810 . It is an allegory that commemorates two key moments in our history: the May Revolution of 1810 and the Declaration of Independence of 1816 .
In the right corner is the bust of General San Martín sculpted by Filipino artist Félix Pardo de Tavera and, in the left corner, the bust of General Manuel Belgrano by Argentine sculptor Juan Carlos Ferraro .
In 1910, two decorative tapestries from the Aubusson manufacture were placed on the side walls of the hall. Below one of them is a Louis XIV style wardrobe with marquetry of fruit woods and bronze ornaments.
The living room has double height, is surrounded by a balcony or high loggia which, for structural reasons, is not used. As for the doors, from two mirrored sheets, only one of them fulfills its specific function, the others are all false openings.
See Chapter 7
Source: Casa rosada.gob.ar
Publication Date: 21/08/2019
Te sugerimos continuar leyendo las siguientes notas:
There are not comments
The Asian giant decided to invest years ago in the region. We present two of the companies that best...
Matías is a reminder. He travels the world sharing his stories with thousands of people.
A gigantic Christmas tree is the center of a national holiday in Chovet, south of Santa Fe.
The department of Tunuyán is the most important department in the Uco Valley. He turns 140 years old...