Chapter 12: Hall of Argentine Scientists of the Bicentennial
It is one of the few areas that retain the configuration of the first Government Palace, from the end of the nineteenth century.
It is located on the first floor above the west facade facing Plaza de Mayo . Through its double-leaf doors, you can access one of the two lodges of the Palace which was the scene of important events. Among others, it was here that Juan Domingo Perón last appeared in public, where the Pope John Paul II blessed the Argentine people during his visit in 1982, where the football team greeted after winning the 1986 World Cup and where President Mauricio Macri celebrated the beginning of his term of office.
Originally called the Hall of the Diplomats , it is one of the few areas that retain the configuration of the first Government Palace, from the end of the nineteenth century. This room was recovered and transformed into a space of tribute to men and women from the Argentine Republic who stood out in scientific activity.
On the walls are the photographs of Emma Perez Ferreira, Florentino Ameghino, Gregorio Klimovsky, José Antonio Balseiro, Jorge Alberto Sábato, Manuel Sadosky, Francisco Pascasio Moreno, Ramón Carrillo, Rebeca Gerchsman, René Gerónimo Favaloro and Salvador Mazza . There are also three Nobel Laureates : Bernardo Alberto Houssay, Luis Federico Leloir and Cesar Milstein.
Also included is the portrait of Dr. Carlos Saavedra Lamas , the first Argentine and Latin American citizen awarded the Nobel Peace Prize (1936).