He was born in Chascomús, Buenos Aires, on March 12, 1927. He died in Buenos Aires on 31 March 2009.
Synthesis - Biography
Raúl Ricardo Alfonsín
He was born in Chascomús, Buenos Aires, on March 12, 1927. He died in Buenos Aireson 31 March 2009.
Married to Maria Lorenza Barreneche.
President of the Argentine Nation.
Vice-President: VICTOR HIPOLITO MARTINEZ.
Term of office: 10 December 1983 to 8 July 1989.
- Decrees to prosecute guerrilla leaders and military boards.
- Creation of the National Commission on Disappearance of Persons (CO.NA.DEP.), with the task of monitoring, documenting and recording human rights violations, which will be presented later in the report entitled “Never More”.
- Annulment of the so-called “self-amnesty law” issued by the military government.
- Trial and sentencing of military personnel by civilian courts.
- Sanction of the Laws of End Point and Due Obedience.
- New National Defense Law.
- Economic plans (Austral and Spring), to control inflation.
- Currency exchange.
- Signing of the Argentine-Brazilian Integration Act.
- Participation in the Contadora group, for peace in Central America.
- Admission to the United Nations Security Council.
- Non-binding popular consultation on the Beagle Channel dispute.
- Treaty of Peace and Friendship with Chile. The
- flourishing of cultural activity in all areas.
- Elimination of censorship. Implementation of the National Literacy Plan and implementation of the National Pedagogical Congress.
- Creation of the National Food Plan.
- Sanction of the laws of Divorce Link and Parental Power.
- Law of transfer from the Capital to Viedma-Carmen de Patagones.
- Establishment of the Council for the Consolidation of Democracy.
- Interior: Antonio Troccoli. Henry Nosiglia. Juan Carlos Pugliese.
- Education and Justice: Carlos Alconada Aramburú. Julio Rajneri. Jorge Sábato. José Gabriel Duma.
- U.S.: Dante Caputo. Susana Ruíz Cerutti.
- Economy: Bernardo Grinspun. Juan Vital Sourrouille. Juan Carlos Pugliese. Jesus Rodriguez.
- Health and Social Action: Aldo Neri. Conrad Storani. Ricardo Barrios Arrechea. Enrique Beveraggi
- Work: Antonio Mucci. Juan Manuel Casella. Hugo Barrionuevo. Carlos Alderete. Ideler Tonelli.
- Works and Public Services: Roque Carranza. Roberto Tomasini. Pedro Trucco. Rodolfo Terragno. Roberto Pedro Echarte.
- Defense: Raúl Borrás. Roque Carranza. Germán Lopez. José Horacio Jaunarena.