Argentine Presidents – Carlos Saúl Menem – I (1990-1995)
Synthesis – Biography
Carlos Saúl Menem
Born in Anillaco, La Rioja, on July 2, 1930.
Married to Zulema Yoma. After divorce, she marries Cecilia Bolocco.
President of the Argentine Nation.
Vice-President: EDUARDO ALBERTO DUHALDE (resignation 1991).
Mandate: 8 July 1989 to 10 December 1995.
- Privatization and/or concession of numerous state companies and the road network.
- Abolition of part of medium- and long-distance passenger rail services.
- Administrative reform of the State. Renewal of diplomatic relations with the United Kingdom.
- Abandonment of the Non-Aligned Movement.
- Extension from five to nine members of the Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation.
- I pardon military leaders and guerrilla leaders.
- Subscription of the Southern Common Market document (MERCO.SUR.).
- Law of Convertibility. Currency exchange. Strong low inflation and GDP growth.
- Deregulation of the economy. I join the Brady Plan.
- National Population Census.
- Completion of the project “Condor II”.
- Law on Women’s Quota for Elective Offices.
- National Employment Act.
- Inauguration of the building of the National Library.
- Act to introduce a new system of private retirements.
- End of compulsory military service.
- The Pact of Olives, giving rise to the Constitutional Reform, which allows re-election.
- Interior: Eduardo Bauzá. Julio Mera Figueroa. José Luis Manzano. Gustavo Beliz. Carlos Federico Ruckauf. Charles Vladimiro Corach.
- Justice, Security and Human Rights: León Carlos Arslanián. Jorge Luis Maiorano. Rodolfo Carlos Barra.
- U.S.R. International Trade and Worship: Domingo Felipe Cavallo. Guido Di Tella.
- Economy and Production: Angel Roig. Néstor Rapanelli, Antonio Erman Gonzalez. Domingo Felipe Cavallo.
- Health and Environment: Julio Corzo. Alberto Kohan. Avelino Porto. Antonio Erman Gonzalez. Edward Bauza.
- Labour, Employment and Social Security: Jorge Triacca. Rodolfo Diaz. Enrique Osvaldo Rodriguez. Armando Caro Figueroa.
- Education: Antonio Salonia. Jorge Alberto Rodriguez.
- Works and Public Services: Roberto José Dromi.
- Defense: Italo Argentino Luder. Humberto Romero. Guido Di Tella. Antonio Erman Gonzalez. Oscar Camilion.
You may also like
A classic in the flame
Here, everything you have to know about Mendoza's classic flame goat. Where to eat it and how to prepare it.
The Millennials drink tea
What do the Millennials take? This generation that seems so exclusive and healthy. Among other things, tea. They seem to
And why not?
What do we do wrong to not be one of the best countries to live in the world? Why don't
Lie has long legs
In Argentina, the lie has long legs. It survives from generation to generation. How long are we going to allow
By train... to the end of the world
In the 20th century, prisoners of Fuego made the journey of this “locomotive of the end of the world” in